Thursday, December 16, 2010

Caramel-y Cream Cheese Frosting


I modified a recipe for Caramel Apple Dip by reducing the sugar a bit to make an easy caramel-y cream cheese frosting for cakes (so far I've used it on an applesauce cake I make quite a bit but I think it would be good on any spicy cake, especially a carrot cake).

Caramel-y Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Whip cream cheese until fluffy, then add brown sugar and vanilla and whip some more until smooth.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love it! Do you have trouble with it being grainy from the br sugar? I have made my fav cream cheese frosting with br sugar in a pinch - but it was crystally instead of smooth. I wondered if you have to warm this a bit or does it whip smooth for you?

jess said...

Hi Julie...it always ends up really smooth but I wouldn't try using brown sugar that is old or it might be hard to get the chunks out.