Monday, June 17, 2013

Upcycled Faucet Handle Flowers Tutorial

A few years ago I saw these cute flowers made out of vintage faucet handles by Laurel Putman and wanted to make something similar. I made mine pretty simple with wire and faucet handles and have had mine on the top of our entertainment center for a few months. I love the pop of color and the industrial look of them. Thought I'd share a quick how-to.




Supplies Needed

  • wire (I used 16 gauge galvanized wire from Home Depot...the 200 foot spool was only about $6 and I have lots left over)
  • vintage faucet handles (I found the blue ones on Etsy and I bought the yellow one at an antique store but it was just a rust color so I lightly coated it with yellow spray paint)
  • vase (the one I used is from Pier 1)


1
Cut 3 wires for each faucet handle about 6-12" higher than the vase height (I varied the lengths of each flower). Bend the top 1-2" into a loop (I just used my fingers).


2
Bend each loop at a 90 degree angle and then put them through the center hole of the faucet handles.


3
Bend the wire coming out the back at a 90 degree angle as well to hold the faucet handle in place.


4
Twist one length of wire loosely around the other two to make the stem and snip any extra off the bottoms so they are level. Put them in a vase and bend/twist them until you like the arrangement.



The chalkboard behind the vase is posted here: Chalkboard Artwork. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been making these with hangers and they don't look as nice as yours...thanks for the tutorial!