Thursday, June 12, 2008

Shirt & Tie Bookmarks


So this weekend I'm in charge helping a few kids...okay, about 80 kids...make a Father's Day card. I found this project on Family Fun and decided to do a bookmark variation of it since I have a lot of plain, cardstock bookmarks left over from a past project.

Here are the instructions:
  1. Cut bookmarks out of cardstock that are 2-1/2 x 7"
  2. Cut 1/2" slits on each side, 1/2" below the top of the bookmark
  3. Fold the flaps so the top corners meet
  4. Cut out a tie* and attach to the shirt with a glue dot
  5. Add buttons to the collar (I used mini brads because that is what I had on hand, but I am going to get some mini buttons for this weekend because I think they are cuter)
* Here's a little tie template I made that fits the bookmarks. You can download it, print it, and have kids color the ties and cut them out, or you can print the ties on the wrong side of patterned paper (that will fit through your printer) and cut them out.

And there's plenty of space left over at the bottom to write a message.

2 comments:

love.boxes said...

Cute! I love this idea!

Unknown said...

i love this idea! i am going to send it to a few missionaries i know.... :)